Safe to upgrade my KDE 3.3.2 to v3.4?

Hello! I am still using KDE v3.3.2 on my Debian (Kernel 2.6.12-K7) box. I would like to upgrade
to 3.4 if possible, but I was told that it is not ready weeks ago. Is it still not ready? I had
these dependencies:

# apt-get upgrade
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree... Done
  akode ark arts artsbuilder dcoprss guarddog k3b k3blibs kaboodle kappfinder kate kate-plugins
kaudiocreator kcalc
  kcharselect kcoloredit kcontrol kcron kdat kdeaddons-kfile-plugins kdeadmin
kdeadmin-kfile-plugins kdeartwork-style
  kdeartwork-theme-window kdebase kdebase-bin kdebase-data kdebase-kio-plugins
kdegraphics-kfile-plugins kdelibs
  kdelibs-bin kdelibs-data kdelirc kdemultimedia-kfile-plugins kdemultimedia-kio-plugins
kdenetwork
  kdenetwork-filesharing kdepasswd kdepim-kio-plugins kdeprint kdesktop kdessh kdeutils kdf
kdict kdvi kedit
  kfilereplace kfind kfloppy kgamma kget kghostview kgpg khelpcenter khexedit kicker
kicker-applets kiconedit
  kimagemapeditor kjots klaptopdaemon klinkstatus klipper kmenuedit kmid kmilo kmix kmoon kmrml
knewsticker
  kolourpaint kommander konq-plugins konqueror konqueror-nsplugins konsole kopete korn kpackage
kpager kpdf
  kpersonalizer kpf kpovmodeler kppp krdc krec kregexpeditor krfb kruler kscd kscreensaver
kscreensaver-xsavers ksig
  ksim ksirc ksmserver ksnapshot ksplash ksvg ksysguard ksysguardd ksysv ktimer ktip ktnef ktux
kuickshow kuser kview
  kviewshell kwalletmanager kwifimanager kwin kxsldbg libarts1-mpeglib libarts1-xine libkcddb1
libkonq4 libneon23
  libreadline4 libreadline5 librss1 licq licq-plugin-qt mpeglib noatun noatun-plugins
openssh-client openssh-server
  pinentry-qt qtparted secpolicy udev vimpart wget xserver-common
0 upgraded, 0 newly installed, 0 to remove and 138 not upgraded.

I still run into dependency issues that I am worried about like these:
# apt-get install udev
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree... Done
The following packages will be REMOVED:
  hotplug
  udev
1 upgraded, 0 newly installed, 1 to remove and 137 not upgraded.
Need to get 314kB of archives.
After unpacking 291kB disk space will be freed.
Do you want to continue [Y/n]? n
Abort.
Note: I think I need hotplug for USB Flash sticks/drives?

# apt-get install licq
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree... Done
  libgpgme6 licq-plugin-rms
Suggested packages:
  kmail
The following packages will be REMOVED:
  licq-plugin-qt
  libgpgme6 licq-plugin-rms
  licq
1 upgraded, 2 newly installed, 1 to remove and 136 not upgraded.
Need to get 740kB of archives.
After unpacking 2990kB disk space will be freed.
Do you want to continue [Y/n]? n
Abort.
Note: I actually upgraded, and my Licq broke.

# apt-get install xserver-common
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree... Done
Suggested packages:
  xserver-xorg xserver configlet-frontends
The following packages will be REMOVED:
  xserver-xfree86
  xserver-common
1 upgraded, 0 newly installed, 1 to remove and 137 not upgraded.
Need to get 369kB of archives.
After unpacking 16.0MB disk space will be freed.
Do you want to continue [Y/n]? n
Abort.
Note: Is this safe? I still XFree86 and NVIDIA GeForce4 Ti4200 with the latest NVIDIA driver
from nvidia.com.

# apt-get install k3b
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree... Done
  akode akregator ark arts artsbuilder dbus-qt-1c2 dcoprss guarddog k3blibs kaboodle
kaddressbook kappfinder kate
  kate-plugins kaudiocreator kcalc kcharselect kcoloredit kcontrol kcron kdat
kdeaddons-kfile-plugins kdeadmin
  kdeadmin-kfile-plugins kdeartwork-style kdeartwork-theme-window kdebase-bin kdebase-data
kdebase-kio-plugins
  kdegraphics-kfile-plugins kdelibs kdelibs-bin kdelibs-data kdelibs4c2 kdelirc
kdemultimedia-kfile-plugins
  kdemultimedia-kio-plugins kdenetwork-filesharing kdepasswd kdepim-kio-plugins kdeprint
kdesktop kdessh kdf kdict
  kdvi kedit kfilereplace kfind kfloppy kgamma kget kghostview kgpg khelpcenter khexedit kicker
kicker-applets
  kiconedit kimagemapeditor kjots klaptopdaemon klinkstatus klipper kmenuedit kmid kmilo kmix
kmoon kmrml knewsticker
  kolourpaint kommander konq-plugins konqueror konqueror-nsplugins konsole kopete korn kpackage
kpager kpdf
  kpersonalizer kpf kpovmodeler kppp krdc krec kregexpeditor krfb kruler kscd kscreensaver
kscreensaver-xsavers ksig
  ksim ksirc ksmserver ksnapshot ksplash ksvg ksysguard ksysguardd ksysv ktimer ktip ktnef ktux
kuickshow kuser kview
  kviewshell kwalletmanager kwifimanager kwin kxsldbg libarts1-mpeglib libarts1-xine libarts1c2
libbluetooth1
  libflac++5 libgnokii2 libgpgme11 libgpgme6 libkcal2b libkcddb1 libkdepim1a libkleopatra0a
libkmime2 libkonq4
  libktnef1 libmusicbrainz4c2 liboggflac3 libopenexr2c2 libqt3-mt librss1 libsasl2-modules
libsnmp9 libtag1c2
  libxcomposite1 libxdamage1 libxfixes3 licq licq-plugin-qt mpeglib noatun noatun-plugins
perl-suid pinentry-qt
  qtparted secpolicy vimpart
Suggested packages:
  k3b-i18n normalize-audio toolame movixmaker-2 normalize kdepim-kresources aspell konq-speaker
kdeaddons-doc-html
  kdeadmin-doc-html efax hylafax-client mgetty-fax gv quanta kdewebdev-doc-html kdetoys-doc-html
kommander-dev
  kdeartwork-emoticons gpg gnomemeeting povray kmail libqt3-mt-psql libqt3-mt-mysql
libqt3-mt-odbc pinentry-doc
Recommended packages:
  ncompress vcdimager cdrdao dvd+rw-tools vorbis-tools flac lilo-config kamera tetex-bin
xfonts-konsole qca-tls rpm
  rdesktop libio-socket-ssl-perl jfsutils xfsprogs
The following packages will be REMOVED:
  dbus-qt-1 kcmlinuz kdelibs4 libarts1 libkdenetwork2 libmimelib1a libmusicbrainz4 libopenexr2
libqt3c102-mt libtag1
  akregator dbus-qt-1c2 kaddressbook kdelibs4c2 libarts1c2 libbluetooth1 libflac++5 libgnokii2
libgpgme11 libgpgme6
  libkcal2b libkdepim1a libkleopatra0a libkmime2 libktnef1 libmusicbrainz4c2 liboggflac3
libopenexr2c2 libqt3-mt
  libsasl2-modules libsnmp9 libtag1c2 libxcomposite1 libxdamage1 libxfixes3 perl-suid
  akode ark arts artsbuilder dcoprss guarddog k3b k3blibs kaboodle kappfinder kate kate-plugins
kaudiocreator kcalc
  kcharselect kcoloredit kcontrol kcron kdat kdeaddons-kfile-plugins kdeadmin
kdeadmin-kfile-plugins kdeartwork-style
  kdeartwork-theme-window kdebase-bin kdebase-data kdebase-kio-plugins kdegraphics-kfile-plugins
kdelibs kdelibs-bin
  kdelibs-data kdelirc kdemultimedia-kfile-plugins kdemultimedia-kio-plugins
kdenetwork-filesharing kdepasswd
  kdepim-kio-plugins kdeprint kdesktop kdessh kdf kdict kdvi kedit kfilereplace kfind kfloppy
kgamma kget kghostview
  kgpg khelpcenter khexedit kicker kicker-applets kiconedit kimagemapeditor kjots klaptopdaemon
klinkstatus klipper
  kmenuedit kmid kmilo kmix kmoon kmrml knewsticker kolourpaint kommander konq-plugins konqueror
konqueror-nsplugins
  konsole kopete korn kpackage kpager kpdf kpersonalizer kpf kpovmodeler kppp krdc krec
kregexpeditor krfb kruler kscd
  kscreensaver kscreensaver-xsavers ksig ksim ksirc ksmserver ksnapshot ksplash ksvg ksysguard
ksysguardd ksysv ktimer
  ktip ktnef ktux kuickshow kuser kview kviewshell kwalletmanager kwifimanager kwin kxsldbg
libarts1-mpeglib
  libarts1-xine libkcddb1 libkonq4 librss1 licq licq-plugin-qt mpeglib noatun noatun-plugins
pinentry-qt qtparted
  secpolicy vimpart
127 upgraded, 26 newly installed, 10 to remove and 11 not upgraded.
Need to get 102MB of archives.
After unpacking 20.3MB of additional disk space will be used.
Do you want to continue [Y/n]? n
Abort.
Note: Sounds scary! Removing a lot of stuff too.

If it is still not time to do a full upgrade, when will it be? A few more months? Thank you in
advance. :)
--
"The antics begin!" --SimAnt Game
  /\___/\