Re: KDE 3.4.2 backport now?

Am Donnerstag, 29. September 2005 22.49 schrieb Mikhail Ramendik:
> > grave bugs of kdm (4:3.4.1-1 -> 4:3.4.2-2) <done>
> >  #324018 - kdm does not have the binary in the package anymore
> >  #327273 - kdm does not start xorg server
>
> This sems very serious. Could you (or anybody else) verify that it is
> indeed so? Or was it a list of bugs that you have found yourself?
As I am actually using those very packages myself, I cannot confirm these two
issues. kdm starts as usual (which should be a string indication, that  the
binary is actually there ;-) ) and x.org is *not* an issue in Sarge, as Sarge
contains XFree86 4.3...

aside from that: the relevance of the official Debian BTS for inofficial (and
highly so...) packages (which mine definitely are) eludes me a little bit...
(assuming that this is the output of apt-listbugs)

And I do test and use my own packages on my machine in day to day business,
and so far I have not identified any major issues, aside from a missing JuK
package, which I disabled, as it didn't compile on the first try...

I am currently working on getting clean backport packages, while cooperating
with Tapio Kautto on whose excellent work I am building. Unfortunately my
time (and Tapio's) is limited, and so progress is slow...

Patrick
--
Patrick Dreker

GPG KeyID  : 0xFCC2F7A7 (Patrick Dreker)
Fingerprint: 7A21 FC7F 707A C498 F370  1008 7044 66DA FCC2 F7A7
Key available from keyservers