Re: kmail corrupts emails [solved]

Randy Kramer schrieb:

Well, a little bit like the 2nd problem. Re the first, is kmail generating

those emails automatically, or are you generating them and they get sent out with unknown subject, ...?
No, not sending them, but I see there was also a problem with the server of my provider, which may have set this off.

* the solution to my problem is typically to regenerate the indexes. To do that, I go into the mail directory (.Mail, iirc, although you may have it somewhere else), delete the existing indexes, and let kmail regenerate them.

Here, from directory ~/.Mail, is the ls -al listing for one (mbox) folder (named tldp) with the three indexes. To start, you might want to experiment with just one mail folder. Delete all three of the .index files, then restart kmail (assuming you shut it down) and try to access the mail in that folder. After a short delay, I'm hopeful that it will be ok.

-rw-------   1 rhk rhk   868526 Sep 19 16:05 tldp
-rw-------   1 rhk rhk    99043 Sep 19 16:05 .tldp.index
-rw-r--r--   1 rhk rhk      937 Sep 19 16:05 .tldp.index.ids
-rw-r--r--   1 rhk rhk     5425 Aug 24 07:28 .tldp.index.sorted
This has solved it, thanks! Kmail used to compact mailboxes on closing; it looks like it no longer does so.

Theo Schmidt