Time-setting problem KDE 3.4.2

Hi all,

When I try to "Adjust Date and Time" of the clock I cannot do so.  The panel
to enter root password appears, the root password is entered and then nothing
happens ie: the panel to allow setting the date and time does not appear.

When using the Control Center to do this function a similar thing happens.
The time setting panel appears, the administrator mode is selected, the
password is entered and the the blue panel appears containing system info
instead of the panel to adjust the date & time.

Additionally when I install Crossover Standard program no CrossoverX menus are
generated in the Start menu.

Any clues?

Victor

Using all Debian Unstable packages with 2.6.12 kernel.