Re: X.org and kde 3.4 upgrade

If you plan to upgrade to x.org be sure to first uninstall fglrx driver (it's for xfree), then install xorg, and last install fglrx driver for xorg.
I use packages from http://xoomer.virgilio.it/flavio.stanchina/debian/fglrx-installer.html

A last note: with my mobile radeon 9700 fglrx 8.16.20 doesn't work, I use 8.14.13...

Bye

Adeodato Simó ha scritto:
I'm currently running kde 3.3.2 and XF86 on sid, and am planning on upgrading
to X.org. Is this safe to do now?

  If there's not any untransitioned application that you _need_...

Would it be better to first upgrade to kde
3.4 and then do the migration to X.org?

  I'd upgrade to X.org first, and then KDE.