Re: Kaffeine 0.7.1 findings

On Saturday 17 September 2005 09:52, Martin Steigerwald wrote:
> Hmmm, I tried around a bit. I do not know exactly what I changed, but now
> I get a running gstreamer alsasink concurrently to KDE control center
> playing the test sound via artsd. I am quite a bit confused by this,
> cause artsd should take complete control over the sound hardware while
> playing sounds (and also during those 20 seconds I set after playing the
> last sound). Thus gstreaminer using alsasink shouldn't be able to play a
> sound concurrently to artsd. Does gstreamer switch over to artsdsink when
> alsasink doesn't work?

As far as I know, this is not entirely accurate. artsd reserves one channel
for it's own output. On sound cards that support multiple channels, arts
sound should work fine next to other sources until there are no more
available output channels.

Anders

--
 - Debian/Unstable - KDE 3.4.2 - KMail 1.8.2 -