Re: Kaffeine 0.7.1 findings

Hi,

I add the following items with new kaffeine.
I hesitate to report that upstream because there are quite some patches in the
debian package:
* gstreamer cannot be used since it cannot find xvimagesink video driver
  (whatever that means), this is with x.org radeon driver and xine's xv works
  just fine
* if I change from engine gstreamer to engine xine, kaffeine crashes, this
  probably on the gstreamer unloading routine
* kaffeine cannot create the desktop icon because ~/Desktop is hardcoded but I
  move mine to a more FHS-conforming location (~/.kde/Desktop)

Bug reports will follow, once I configure reportbug right to use kmail.

Am Samstag, 17. September 2005 09:52 schrieb Martin Steigerwald:
> 1) xine engine doesn't work at all. Whenever I open a movie for playing,
> Kaffeine crashes or at least exits silently. These are the last signs of
> live:

works here

> 4) Using KPlayer Media part does not work. I get an error that
> "libkplayerpart.la" cannot be found in my PATH. Well how true since
> KPlayer only includes these binary files:

KPlayer is NOT kaffeine

> 5) The Kaffeine dialog for checking the installations comes up *every*
> time I start Kaffeine. It should only come up for the first time I think
> like it used to be before.

I see this, too. Very annoying.

> different combinations of audio driver low level layer (ALSA, OSS), sound

It would probably help a LOT if you could handle OSS-like drivers with the
alsa libs, means only using alsa framework without depending on the alsa
drivers. The application could then forget about OSS completely.

HS

PS: are there other ways to report bugs than with reportbug? Preferably
something that pipes through kmail.