Re: copy & paste (was: Re: KDE 3.4.2 issues)

Hi Martin,

Am Donnerstag, 15. September 2005 23:14 schrieb Martin Steigerwald:
> Am Mittwoch 14 September 2005 10:02 schrieb Tim Ruehsen:
>
> > Now there is a point that I did not find out so far:
> > Pasting and copying with the middle mouse button does not work any
> > more. Please give me a hint about that, I just can't find the switch to
> > enable it again.
>
> works here.
On my second machine, which is a different hardware, but more or less a copy
of the first one, it works. But not on this machine here. I wonder if this a
xorg/x11, qt or kde issue? I am still looking for a hint to reenable it.
Though pressing left and right button does it (Emulate3Buttons=true in
xorg.conf).

> AFAIK that is not supposed to work at all. Ctrl-C also stands for
> interrupting a running shell command and Ctrl-V according to the menu is
> also not mapped to paste.
>
> In my mapping which should be standard mapping I can use Shift-Insert for
> inserting clipboard contents. There is no keyboard shortcut for copying
> tough. But you can set one in the shortcut dialog (dunno if it is called
> exactly like that cause I use KDE in german language).
>
> Well I tried it, you can even set Ctrl-C for copy and Ctrl-V for paste,
> but then you can't use Ctrl-C for interrupting running shell commands
> anymore. Thus I recommend setting different shortcuts just like the
> Konsole warning requester that pops up when you try to set Ctrl-Key
> combinations recommends, too.
>
> I just use Alt-C and Alt-V for now. These may conflict with some other
> keyboard settings, but as far as I remember I never used Alt-C and Alt-V
> in Konsole before, so thats fine for me for now.
>
> The Amiga has special Amiga keys and uses Left Amiga-C and Left Amiga-V
> for copy and paste. Thus there is no conflict between Ctrl-C and the
> keyboard combination for cut&paste. Maybe one can set copy and paste to
> Left Windows key-C and Left Windows key-V (just place a pinguin on
> those), but I do not have these on my IBM ThinkPad T23 keyboard.

Thanks for your ideas about ctrl-c and ctrl-v. You are right, I never used
ctrl-c for copying and really need it for interrupting things. I will find a
solution for that, thanks.

Regards,

	Tim