copy & paste (was: Re: KDE 3.4.2 issues)

Am Mittwoch 14 September 2005 10:02 schrieb Tim Ruehsen:

> Now there is a point that I did not find out so far:
> Pasting and copying with the middle mouse button does not work any
> more. Please give me a hint about that, I just can't find the switch to
> enable it again.

Hello Tim,

works here.

> Which makes it worse is that in Konsole, even ctrl-C and ctrl-V do not
> work any more. i have to use the menu (or shift-insert to paste). I did
> not manage to globally switch it on. Any help?

AFAIK that is not supposed to work at all. Ctrl-C also stands for
interrupting a running shell command and Ctrl-V according to the menu is
also not mapped to paste.

In my mapping which should be standard mapping I can use Shift-Insert for
inserting clipboard contents. There is no keyboard shortcut for copying
tough. But you can set one in the shortcut dialog (dunno if it is called
exactly like that cause I use KDE in german language).

Well I tried it, you can even set Ctrl-C for copy and Ctrl-V for paste,
but then you can't use Ctrl-C for interrupting running shell commands
anymore. Thus I recommend setting different shortcuts just like the
Konsole warning requester that pops up when you try to set Ctrl-Key
combinations recommends, too.

I just use Alt-C and Alt-V for now. These may conflict with some other
keyboard settings, but as far as I remember I never used Alt-C and Alt-V
in Konsole before, so thats fine for me for now.

The Amiga has special Amiga keys and uses Left Amiga-C and Left Amiga-V
for copy and paste. Thus there is no conflict between Ctrl-C and the
keyboard combination for cut&paste. Maybe one can set copy and paste to
Left Windows key-C and Left Windows key-V (just place a pinguin on
those), but I do not have these on my IBM ThinkPad T23 keyboard.

Regards,