Re: Running KDE 3.4.2 with Transparent Windows

On 9/14/05, Joerg Rieger <Joerg.Rieger@informatik.med.uni-giessen.de> wrote:

> Did you restart your xserver after turning the translucency options on?
>
> Add these lines to your xorg.conf and then restart your xserver:
>
> Section "Extensions"
>        Option "Composite" "Enable"
> EndSection

Ok, then this should be the problem: enabling composite extension
causes a lot of problems to my screen (it is filled with black
horizontal lines) maybe because of some problems of the proprietary
ati driver for mi video card (ati mobility radeon x700), so I will
miss translucency effects still for a while  :-)

Bye