Creating a snazzy looking KDE

I am using Debian testing and would like to have some attractive
themes and window decorations and eye candy.

However, I have been stymied at every attempt to liven up my desktop:

1 - running superkaramba doesn't offer me any immediate and obvious
things to spiff things up

2 - The control center -> Appearance & Themes -> doesn't offer me very
much.

people say "kdeartwork" and apt-cache search kde theme but there just
doesn't seem to be much

3 - KDE-Look.Org has a bunch of things which don't seem to install or
come without instructions.

KDE is a very functional desktop but I want exciting pretty windows
and all sorts of bells and whistles. Please help.