Re: backports of latest kde to stable 3.1?

* Patrick Dreker [Tue, 13 Sep 2005 12:05:48 +0200]:

> Am Sonntag, 11. September 2005 01.26 schrieb Mikhail Ramendik:
> > > I think I will have everything ready on Monday, and could then provide an
> > > URL for a repository.
> Took a day longer than expected, but here it is:

> deb http://mirror.debianforum.de/kde-3.4.2/ ./
> deb-src http://mirror.debianforum.de/kde-3.4.2/ ./

  Oh, it's nice to have people backport latest sid KDE to the previous
  stable release. :)

  In order to avoid duplicating work, I want to point you to the work of
  Tapio Kautto (see [1]) as part of the formerly-known-as-kalyxo project.
  I recommend that, if you have some time you'd be willing to spend on
  working on backports (that'd rock), you contact him and offer your
  help.

    [1] http://lists.kde.org/?l=kalyxo-devel&m=112617950500691&w=2

> The packages are done "quick and (only a little) dirty", which means, that the
> changelogs and maintainer info inside the packages are wrong (I *do* plan on
> changing that, though).

> Please note, that these KDE packages require updated dbus packages, which are
> also provided in the repository. Due to changes in naming there may be
> dependency conflicts with these packages and packages depending on dbus which
> are not part of this repository. Any hints, reports or help is appreciated.

  Well, all of this is handled correctly in Tapio's backports, so
  perhaps it's wiser for people to wait that these are officially
  announced. YMMV.

  Thanks for your initiative,

--
Adeodato Simó
    EM: asp16 [ykwim] alu.ua.es | PK: DA6AE621

Truth is the most valuable thing we have, so let's economize it.
                -- Mark Twain