Re: Upgrade 3.3.2->3.4.2

Am Donnerstag, 8. September 2005 22:16 schrieb Martin Steigerwald:
> Am Donnerstag 08 September 2005 20:55 schrieb Hendrik Sattler:
> > Hi,
> >
> > - kmail: it says that it now supports kwallet but the passwords are not
> > all moved into the wallet (yes, I like kwallet :)
>
> this worked here since KDE 3.4.0 from an inofficial source and also with
> KDE 3.4.1 from alioth and now works with KDE 3.4 from sid. Well at least
> passwords are saved in KWallet, I never checked whether they actually got
> moved (deleted out of kmailrc or where they have been stored before).

Strange, finally they are in the wallet but not right from the start. Strange.

> > Is there a way to get the device URL working without installing udev?
> > Or can udev be configured to use a static /dev tree?
>
> Try media:/, devices:/ is not supported any more.

Ok, that was due to the sidebar in the file browser view which still had the
devices tab. This one gets not reset to system defaults (you have to do this
manually) but the toolbars are killed by the update.

> I am not absolutely sure whether it needs udev. I always thought it would.
>
> It uses pmount which needs at least libhal0 and dbus. pmount has no direct
> and as far as I checked also no indirect dependency to udev tough.

pmount does not require the hal package. Currently, media:/ only shows devices
from /etc/fstab, not even all mounted devices (my usb stick is mounted using
pmount directly).

HS