Upgrade 3.3.2->3.4.2

Hi,

I upgrade in Etch some packages by getting them from Sid.
This upgrade (together with change to x.org) went pretty smooth but I want to
note some drawbacks:
- no new kaffeine, yet, so my media player is gone
- ALL toolbars get reset! This _really_ sucks because there is absolutely no
reason for this!
- if you use skype, you have to switch to the statically linked version, else
it silently fails
- there is still no normal way to disable the spell-checking thing :-(

Others (small) problems are (probably bugs):
- kicker: minimal height for normal icons changed from 36 to 38 for no reason
- kmail: you cannot delete keyboard shortcuts, once assigned (e.g. for own
filters)
- kmail: it says that it now supports kwallet but the passwords are not all
moved into the wallet (yes, I like kwallet :)

Still, I enjoy the new version because there are lots of fixed bugs (kopete,
knode, etc.).

Is there a way to get the device URL working without installing udev? Or can
udev be configured to use a static /dev tree?

HS