Re: success: KDE update (well nearly)

I can also confirm that kde 3.4 is semi safe to upgrade to. I did it here today and its working nice!

Caveman

On 9/6/05, Seiden Tiger < st@iss.tu-darmstadt.de> wrote:
Hi

I just did an upgrade on my sid machine. It worked really great not only for
sid standards. Thanks for your great work.

The only problem i have from an update from alioth packages is that amarok has
lost it's ability to scan the collection. It seems as if taglib or something
is borked. After scanning the collection it has found not a single song and
offers me to rebuild the collection ...

In a different story i did an update from a friends machine from old-testing
to sarge and really strange things happend. Two really strange problems:

* after the upgrade klicking on desktop icons of drives opened gwenview
instead of konqueror. moving .kde and .kderc and logging in again didn't
help. The only solution was to purge gwenview and reinstall it.

* the second problem is that klicking on an icon is net every time successful.
  choosing a different icon helps in most cases... since this is konqerer
  startup it is not a showstopper but anoying for stable...

I didn't want to file bugreports for these two bugs since i don't have access
to this machine to often and i really can't test it.

I can however file a bug against amarok.

Thanks
st

PS: i'm not on the list so please cc.