Re: Did I make a mistake today with apt-get upgrade?

> > > I'm fairly certain that was a mismatched kdelibs-data.  From the two
> > > reports I've heard so far, kdebase-data 4:3.4.2-1 doesn't cause any
> > > problems on a system that otherwise has all 3.3.2 packages.
> >
> > I have since heard from two users, and reproduced myself, that this upgrade
> > causes all kcontrol entries to disappear.  I filed bug #325592 about it.
> >
> > Josh
>
> I'd like to cast a vote for no problem. I am running a KDE 3.4.1 system from
> alioth with kdebase-data 3.4.2-1 from unstable, with no problem whatsoever.
> All I'm waiting on now is someone to build transitioned packages for kdepim
> and apollon. k3b is already in incoming. Once that happens, I'm ready to
> fully upgrade.

I had not upgraded fully yet. I am scared to do so and I don't have time to fix
them if I do have problems. Here's what I get for apt-get upgrade after an
update today (8/31/2005 5:15 PM PDT):

# apt-get upgrade
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree... Done

  akode ark arts artsbuilder dcoprss dosemu kaboodle kappfinder kate kaudiocreator kcalc kcharselect kcoloreditkcontrol
  kcron kdat kdeadmin kdeadmin-kfile-plugins kdebase kdebase-bin kdebase-kio-plugins kdegraphics-kfile-plugins kdelibs
  kdelibs-bin kdelibs-data kdelirc kdemultimedia-kfile-plugins kdemultimedia-kio-plugins kdenetwork kdenetwork-filesharing
  kdepasswd kdeprint kdesktop kdessh kdeutils kdf kdict kdvi kedit kfind kfloppy kgamma kget kghostview kgpg khelpcenter  khexedit kicker kiconedit kjots klaptopdaemon klipper kmenuedit kmid kmilo kmix kmrml knewsticker
  kolourpaint konqueror konqueror-nsplugins konsole kopete kpackage kpager kpdf kpersonalizer kpf kpovmodeler
  kppp krdc krec kregexpeditor krfb kruler kscd ksim ksirc ksmserver ksnapshot ksplash ksvg ksysguard ksysguardd
  ksysv ktimer ktip kuickshow kuser kview kviewshell kwalletmanager kwifimanager kwin libarts1-mpeglib libarts1-xine libkcddb1 libkonq4 librss1 licq
  licq-plugin-qt mpeglib noatun pinentry-qt qtparted secpolicy
0 upgraded, 0 newly installed, 0 to remove and 106 not upgraded.

# apt-get install kdelibs-bin kdelibs-data
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree... Done
  akode ark arts artsbuilder dbus-qt-1c2 dcoprss kaboodle kappfinder kate kcalc kcharselect kcoloredit
  kcontrol kcron kdat kdeadmin kdeadmin-kfile-plugins kdebase-bin kdebase-kio-plugins
  kdegraphics-kfile-plugins kdelibs kdelibs4c2 kdelirc kdenetwork-filesharing kdepasswd kdeprint kdesktop
  kdessh kdf kdict kdvi kedit kfind kfloppy kgamma kget kghostview kgpg khelpcenter khexedit kicker
  kiconedit kjots klaptopdaemon klipper kmenuedit kmid kmilo kmix kmrml knewsticker kolourpaint konqueror
  konqueror-nsplugins konsole kopete kpackage kpager kpdf kpersonalizer kpf kpovmodeler kppp krdc krec
  kregexpeditor krfb kruler kscd ksim ksirc ksmserver ksnapshot ksplash ksvg ksysguard ksysguardd ksysv
  ktimer ktip kuickshow kuser kview kviewshell kwalletmanager kwifimanager kwin libarts1-mpeglib
  libarts1-xine libarts1c2 libflac7 libkcddb1 libkonq4 liboggflac3 libopenexr2c2 libqt3-mt librss1
  libsasl2-modules libxcomposite1 libxdamage1 libxfixes3 licq licq-plugin-qt mpeglib noatun perl-suid
  pinentry-qt qtparted secpolicy
Suggested packages:
  aspell konq-speaker kdeadmin-doc-html efax hylafax-client mgetty-fax gv kdeartwork-emoticons gpg
  gnomemeeting povray libqt3-mt-psql libqt3-mt-mysql libqt3-mt-odbc kmail pinentry-doc
Recommended packages:
  ncompress lilo-config kamera tetex-bin xfonts-konsole qca-tls rpm rdesktop libio-socket-ssl-perl
  jfsutils xfsprogs
The following packages will be REMOVED:
  dbus-qt-1 eyesapplet fifteenapplet guarddog k3b k3blibs kate-plugins kaudiocreator kcmlinuz
  kdeaddons-kfile-plugins kdeartwork-style kdeartwork-theme-window kdelibs4 kdemultimedia-kfile-plugins
  kdemultimedia-kio-plugins kdepim-kio-plugins kdewebdev kfilereplace kicker-applets kimagemapeditor
  klinkstatus kmoon kommander konq-plugins korn kscreensaver kscreensaver-xsavers ksig ktnef ktux
  kweather kxsldbg libarts1 libcvsservice0 libkdenetwork2 libopenexr2 libqt3c102-mt noatun-plugins quanta
  vimpart
  dbus-qt-1c2 kdelibs4c2 libarts1c2 libflac7 liboggflac3 libopenexr2c2 libqt3-mt libsasl2-modules
  libxcomposite1 libxdamage1 libxfixes3 perl-suid
  akode ark arts artsbuilder dcoprss kaboodle kappfinder kate kcalc kcharselect kcoloredit kcontrol kcron
  kdat kdeadmin kdeadmin-kfile-plugins kdebase-bin kdebase-kio-plugins kdegraphics-kfile-plugins kdelibs
  kdelibs-bin kdelibs-data kdelirc kdenetwork-filesharing kdepasswd kdeprint kdesktop kdessh kdf kdict
  kdvi kedit kfind kfloppy kgamma kget kghostview kgpg khelpcenter khexedit kicker kiconedit kjots
  klaptopdaemon klipper kmenuedit kmid kmilo kmix kmrml knewsticker kolourpaint konqueror
  konqueror-nsplugins konsole kopete kpackage kpager kpdf kpersonalizer kpf kpovmodeler kppp krdc krec
  kregexpeditor krfb kruler kscd ksim ksirc ksmserver ksnapshot ksplash ksvg ksysguard ksysguardd ksysv
  ktimer ktip kuickshow kuser kview kviewshell kwalletmanager kwifimanager kwin libarts1-mpeglib
  libarts1-xine libkcddb1 libkonq4 librss1 licq licq-plugin-qt mpeglib noatun pinentry-qt qtparted
  secpolicy
99 upgraded, 12 newly installed, 40 to remove and 4 not upgraded.
Need to get 77.3MB of archives.
After unpacking 38.4MB disk space will be freed.
Do you want to continue [Y/n]? n
Abort.

As you can see, I still have lots of packages that want to be removed. I don't think they are quite ready.