Re: KDE menu applications gone

Josh Metzler wrote:

On Wednesday 31 August 2005 03:02 pm, Alan Ezust wrote:
did that. I still get this message:

kcontrol: WARNING: No K menu group with X-KDE-BaseGroup=settings found !
Defaulting to Settings/

And no items in the KControl menu.

Any other ideas?

Yes, kdebase-data has the same bug and causes all kcontrol entries to disappear. See bug #325592.
I think I would just like to add here that I have succesfully migrated to an all 3.4.2 desktop with pure sid packages. A lot of stuff is missing, like kdepim and I get by with mozilla-thunderbird as my mail client for now.

The point is that this works for me with absolutely no issues whatsoever. The K-menu is fully populated and KControl works fine as well.

Anders