Re: keeping passwords

Graham wrote:

> I'll check out cron-apt. I'm
> not overly keen on cron based updates though especially at the moment
> (one false move and the whole of KDE gets removed in unstable :o).

Do what I do - "aptitude update; aptitude -d dist-upgrade".

Maybe even add "aptitude upgrade" (in between the update and dist-upgrade).
That way, the hard part is already done, no packages have been removed (or
added), and the amount of work left to you is minimal.  Put it in Cron, and
cron will email you the results.  If you like what you see, and there are
packages left to install, do the dist-upgrade manually.
--
derek