Re: Automounter in KDE

Am Donnerstag, 11. August 2005 21.32 schrieb Kevin Krammer:
> A possible correct behaviour would be to send an unmount request to all
> process currently using the filesystem/medium in question on eject requests
> and remove it when it can be savely unmounted.

I suppose this is what the eject command is supposed to do. In Sarge I havn't
got the eject command to work a single time yet. Often it isn't even possible
to umount a CD-ROM: "device is being used", even when all programs using the
CD are terminated. This is a real pain, as it is often only possible to
remove the CD-ROM after winding down the whole system. A solution was given I
believe on this list a while ago, but it didn't work (sysctl something).
Unfortunately it is small usability bugs like these which really turn newbies
off and back to other systems where these mount problems don't seem to occur
(but other ones :-)

Theo Schmidt