Re: For sid users: An overview of the KDE C++ ABI transition

On 8/9/05, Greg Cockburn <gergnz@gmail.com> wrote:
> Thank you so much.  It is great to see 'you guys' give us feedback
> about what is happening,

kde-3.4.1 seems to work well with sarge, so I was hoping to be able to
upgrade to 3.4.2 also.  But, all these changes of 3.4.2 for sid make
me think it will be unlikely that 3.4.2 will run in sarge.  Anyone
have a suggestion on how to backport the kde update into sarge?  For
example, would the build scripts for 3.4.1 be useful in building kde's
raw 3.4.2 sources on a sarge box?  Or, does anyone know if anyone else
is already working on back porting?  I'm probably not the only person
interested in this.

TIA