Re: Automounter in KDE

C. Hurschler wrote:

> I'm finding this discussion somwhat frustrating because no one seems to
> be
> able to say clearly what KDE can or can't do.  I also find it strange that
> this doesn't "just work" since it is somthing that just about every
> desktop
> user needs to do every day.

Half of the problem is that, for most of us, it _does_ just work.  I want to
write a CD, I start up K3b, I write to it.  I want to read it, I put a CD
in there and click on the desktop icon that just appeared - the appropriate
music or data applications will start.  I want to access a USB drive - I
plug it in and click on the icon that appears on my desktop.

I don't _know_ what KDE can or cannot do, so I haven't taken part in this
discussion, but I _do_ know that everything gets mounted as needed, when
needed.
--
derek