Re: Gmail & Konqueror?

On Monday 25 July 2005 03:37 pm, Kevin Krammer wrote:
> On Tuesday 26 July 2005 00:13, Larry Garfield wrote:
> > >
> > > I guess Google doesn't think Konq is worth supporting, that it's market
> > > share isn't high enough. Considering Google's roots, and the kind of
> > > people that work there, I'm a bit surprised at that.
> >
> > In Google's defense, I've not been able to get decent Ajax
> > (XmlHttpRequest) working under Konqueror, either.  I don't know any
> > Ajax-using site that supports Konqueror.  Mayhaps if Konqueror supported
> > Mozilla-style XmlHttpRequest objects, it would support these new fangled
> > features.
>
> As far as I know it depends on both the Konqueror version and the User
> Agent string you are using.

FWIW, I get the message with GMail, but everything seems to work fine for me
with Konqueror 3.4.1.

Also, Konq has XMLHTTPRequest, and it works fine. Last I checked, the problem
was in it's JS XML parser, which has bugs. But you can get content from a
serverside script and drop it into an element with innerHTML just fine. Or
get plain text and set it with createTextNode().