Re: KDE directory navigation freeze problem

On 6/30/05, Jonathan Kaye <jonathan.kaye@univie.ac.at> wrote:
> You're the man! I hadn't noticed if anything was sucking up all my cpu
> but I do recall seeing famd running. I do a ps -A whenever it happens
> hoping to notice some rogue process. What kind of daemon is famd anyway
> (I assume it's a daemon)? I notice that it's not running now and I'm
> doing all my ordinary stuff. This could be the culprit.

Hi Jonathan,

I ran into similar problems a few month ago. fam is a daemon that
monitors file changes. But you can simply replace fam by gamin, it's
smaller in size, needs less ressources and I never notices such
strange behaviours like the one you described with gamin.

Björn