Re: Fax

On Wednesday 29 June 2005 03:57 am, Serja wrote:
> But as I understand in Kcontrol this is something for printing already
> reveived faxes or save them to sevral file formats.

No, nothing to do with it. You print to a fax to fax your document somewhere,
just like in Windows.

> But is there any
> utility such as efax-gtk, which can answer to phone calls and start
> receiving faxes, can be set to automatic receiving mode, etc. Maybe it's
> alredy in KDE, but unfortunately sometimes KDE applications has not very
> clear setup tools and instructions compare with gtk apps.

I know of no KDE front-end for recieving faxes. You should be able to set one
of the many fax packages in Debian up to email you the resulting fax, or you
could just browse the fax spool directory.

FWIW, mgetty-fax is pretty easy to set up.