Re: CD-ROM eject

On Sunday 26 June 2005 05:46 am, Serja wrote:
> Hi,
> I have the following problem: ejecting the cdrom fails under KDE with
> "eject failed" message (no matter mounted or unmounted). The only way to
> remove the cd from the drive is to execute the eject command as root. Is
> there any way to fix it?
> When executing the eject command as root the following message is appear:
> "eject: unable to eject, last error: Invalid argument"
> Thanks in advance!

I seem to recall people having this problem, and that it was caused by
kio_audiocd.  The situation was that if the services sidebar in konqueror was
opened even briefly while in the folder for the mounted cdrom, that
kio_audiocd would somehow grab the device and never let go, even once both
the sidebar and that instance of konqueror were closed.  The workarounds
were:

1) Don't open the services sidebar while a cdrom is mounted.
2) Close the konqueror instance, then kill all kio_audio instances.

This is debian bugs #284853, #293494, and #305709 if you want to look in those
for more information.

Josh