Re: konqueror with gecko

On 6/26/05, Fabricio segfault Cannini <segfault.br@gmail.com> wrote:
> Konqueror as web browser is much better than Firefox.

It's a matter of taste. (konqueror crashes too often for _my_ taste ;))

> It handles pop-ups much better than FF,

A matter of taste as well.

[...]
> Only in very, very, rare cases (such as gmail) i use FF for browsing.

This whole discussion's been turned into the wrong direction. The
question was not about which HTML engine is the best, but wether it
was possible to use gecko with Konqueror as it is shipped by Debian.
And the answer to this is plain and simple: no.

Especially in the OS community it's not the default policy to try to
force users to use one solution, but to let him decide what he likes
most or suites his needs most.

Björn