konqueror with gecko

I know I'm not alone when it comes to being disappointed with
konqueror's inability to render most web pages completely .. the
current frustration is gmail, where it's not fully supported.  Yes, I
can use firefox, but why?

Anyway, I notice some threads from last fall (i.e.
http://dot.kde.org/1097096753/1097132975/ ) when kde hackers had a tie
in to gecko working at some level.  One comment of interest at that
thread's last post:

"Not many people use the gecko engine in Konqueror which is simply a
menu click away as long as the gecko bindings were installed and there
is a gecko based browser installed."

I've been trying to figure out if Debian includes the "gecko bindings"
referred to and whether it's possible to get a gecko like konqueror
working.  I'm using sarge (kde 3.3.2) but could upgrade if needed?

Anyone know?

hacker