Re: Cookies Stop Working?!

On June 15, 2005 07:40 pm, Robert Tilley wrote:
> On Wednesday 15 June 2005 03:27 pm, Stephen Cormier wrote:
> > COLUMNS=125 dpkg -l | grep 3.3.2
>
> Packages remain with a 3.3.2 version, such as minor KDE apps and some
> libraries.  Does your message imply that NOTHING "3.3.2" exist on my
> machine?

No just that you check to make sure that nothing important is still at
the older versions and from the looks of it below they are just minor
packages left.

> Perhaps KDE 3.4.1 is not ready for Debian?  Should I revert back to
> 3.3.2?

The packages work fine here and have been for ages ever since I
installed them in the middle of March.

> ii  kverbos                   3.3.2-3                   Spanish ve
> rb form study application for KDE
> ii  kvoctrain                 3.3.2-3                   vocabulary
>  trainer for KDE
> ii  kwordquiz                 3.3.2-3                   flashcard
> and vocabulary learning program for KDE
> ii  kxsldbg                   3.3.2-6                   graphical
> XSLT debugger for KDE
> ii  libcvsservice0            3.3.2-3                   DCOP servi
> ce for accessing CVS repositories
> ii  libkdeedu1                3.3.2-3                   library fo
> r use with KDE educational apps
> ii  libkdenetwork2            3.3.2-3                   KDE Networ
> k library
> ii  noatun-plugins            3.3.2-4                   plugins fo
> r Noatun, the KDE media player
> ii  poxml                     3.3.2-3                   tools for
> using PO-files to translate DocBook XML files
> ii  quanta                    3.3.2-6                   web develo
> pment environment for KDE
> ii  quanta-data               3.3.2-6                   data files
> for Quanta Plus web development environment
>
> Thanks, Bob

Have you checked the dbus packages and made sure that the daemon is
running (ps xa | grep dbus)?  You may also want to check in the Control
Center -> KDE Components -> Service Manager -> Load-on-Demand Services
and make sure that the cookie module is running.

Stephen

--
Debian the choice of a GNU generation.

GPG Public Key: http://users.eastlink.ca/~stephencormier/publickey.asc