Re: aRts can't play ogg vorbis files since 3.4.0

Am Donnerstag, 9. Juni 2005 21:47 schrieb Mateusz Linda:
> Well, I've the same issue since  I did apt-get upgrade
> about 3 months ago... Many people
> also couldn't get system notifications to work but in
> some cases removing 2 files - knotify and
> a similar one in .kde3 in your home directory (after
> restart these were recreated and everything
> was fine). But this didn't work for me though... Anyway,
> I'm still waiting for a fix to this problem.
> I thought that maybe in KDE 3.4 there wouldn't be such
> problems, but so far it's still not
> working....

I think the issue was introduced when switching to the new
desktop.org-standard for mime-types.

I had the same problem some time ago.  I don't remember
exactly what I did to solve, but I think what helped me was
deleting some files named ogg.desktop or so under ~./kde
which had wrong entries.

HTH,
olli
--