speeding up konqueror "view source"

Hi,
I'm a longtime KDE and for a long time one of the most
annoying things has been the speed with which "view
document source" in konqueror runs. I think it's either
because it opens a new instance of kwrite every time and/or
because it re-requests the html from the server.

Has anyone found a way to speed up view document source?
It's now reached the very weird point where kde starts
faster than konqueror can open document source in a new
window! That can't be right.

suggestions appreciated,