Re: x.org server: mixture of ubuntu and debian packages can be problematic

On Thursday 21 April 2005 08:40 am, Martin Steigerwald wrote:

> Well in the meantime I also replaced x.org from Ubuntu by the one from:
>
> deb http://neo.wh-stuttgart.de/debian sid xorg
> deb-src http://neo.wh-stuttgart.de/debian sid xorg
>
> So its pure Debian again. It might be better that way. Either pure Debian
> or pure Ubuntu.

Hrm.  I might go that route myself.  I've got a bit of a hybrid mess here
myself.  I've concluded it's time to go one way or the other.  I did a clean
Ubuntu on one box, and I can't say I like it better than pure Debian.  I'm
too set in my ways I guess.  I finally cured most of the irritating problems
by copying bits of my Debian /etc over their frigged up config.  The
Debian/Ubuntu hybrid is definitely better than pure Ubuntu.

--
Michael McIntyre  ----   Silvan <dmmcintyr@users.sourceforge.net>
http://www.geocities.com/Paris/Rue/5407/