Re: A bug somewhere, but I can't figure where (CD copying)

On Wed, 6 Apr 2005 19:13:19 +0200
Jakub Stachowski <qbast@go2.pl> wrote:

JS> Dnia _roda, 6 kwietnia 2005 18:12, Georg Prager napisa_:

JS> > > Anytime this happens to me (using Sid's KDE)...
JS> > > # lsof /cdrom
JS> > > ...says that famd is holding onto the mount point...
JS> > > # /etc/init.d/fam stop
JS> > > ...releases it.
JS> >
JS> > I had this problem too! Removing fam solved it. Btw, is KDE using
JS> > fam actually? If so, what does it?
JS>
JS> It uses it if fam is running. If not, it just uses dnotify directly.
JS>
JS> >
JS> > But I think the problem, James reported, has nothing to do with
JS> > fam. I have the same effect without fam installed on Sarge!

I can confirm that the problem is nothing to do with fam -- I got rid of
that some years ago because it prevented nfs automounts from ever
unmounting.

James

| James Tappin           | School of Physics & Astronomy |  O__    |
| sjt@star.sr.bham.ac.uk | University of Birmingham      | --  \/` |
| Ph: 0121-414-6462. Fax: 0121-414-3722                  |         |