Re: How to get rid of Firefox-ish search box in Konqueror?

Le Lun 31 Janvier 2005 03:03, Zack Cerza a écrit :
> On Thu January 27 2005 23:06, Stephen Cormier wrote:
> > On January 27, 2005 11:12 pm, Matej Cepl wrote:
> > > Hi,
> > >
> > > I really like in pre-3.3 konqueror that there was NOT search box
> > > (like in Mozilla Firefox), because I prefer konqueror shortcuts
> > > anyway. Is there any way how to get rid of it in 3.3.1?
> >
> > In the Settings menu of Konqueror -> Configure Toolbars and select
> > the "Location Toolbar <searchbar>" from the pull down menu then in
> > the Current actions: view select the Search Bar and use the left
> > arrow to move it to the Available actions:,  now use the Apply
> > button and it should disappear.
>
> Anyone else wish you could just use drag&drop?

I think it cannot be that easy. since D&D is used to move a toolbar out
of the window as a floating dialog. it means you should have a special
part of the app that is a 'trash' for your toolbars (I mean a special
target that if you drop things on it ... they are destroyed).

My experience tells me that (especially mac-)users will be really get
used to it, but completely lost if they want their toolbar back, since
you cannot grab it from the trash. So IMHO, knowing the good menu is
better, even if a *little* less intuitive. After all, every single KDE
apps works the same way ... it's a quite importante kde app knowledge,
that any user should have IMHO (that and a little few other).
--
·O·  Pierre Habouzit
··O