Re: KDE cannot logout using Logout menu item

On Tue, 25 Jan 2005 15:36:23 +0100, Matías Costa <mcc3@alu.um.es> wrote:
> To be sure it is not a misconfiguration in your user config, can you test with
> a new user?

Just now I logged in as the ordinary (non-root) user I always use, and
used KUser to create a new one called "temp" then when I went to log
out -- the Logout menu command WORKED. Hmmmm. And the new user can log
in and out just fine, too. This is mysterious!

I had the laptop completely turned off most of the day, and there were
some package updates yesterday. I forgot to test after the cold boot
today so I will never know for sure, but it SEEMED like just creating
ANOTHER user fixed the problem with the first user. If this happens
again I'll be able to test it for certain. Maybe I will delete the new
user to see what that does.

My thanks to Matías Costa and to Bas Spitters for the advice!