Re: KDE cannot logout using Logout menu item

El Martes 25 Enero 2005 15:06, Tommy Trussell escribió:
> I'm running KDE 3.3.2, Debian Testing, PowerPC (PowerBook G3 Series
> "Wallstreet" / "PDQ" 266 Mhz.)
>
> For the last several weeks when I choose "Logout" from the KDE menu,
> NOTHING happens. To log out of KDE I either have to control-alt-delete
> (which is a complicated four-button stretch on this PowerBook
> keyboard), or I have discovered I can choose the "Run Command" menu
> option and type "logout" which also works. In either case I get the
> expected "end session" dialog. I tried switching to kdm so I see the
> kde logout dragon, but the behavior is the same when I'm running gdm.

Without kdm, at least should appear a simple confirmation window. If you use
kde, kdm is recomended, because (i believe) it loads the kde libs in memory,
and not the gtk.

> This must have started after an updated package in Debian testing in
> late December or early January, but I didn't notice right away (I
> usually stay logged in for many days) so I don't know which package
> update may have affected it. I'm pretty sure this problem preceded the
> upgrade to 3.3 (in other words, I think I was having the problem with
> KDE 3.2, but the upgrade did not fix it).  I have not found any other
> reports of this by Googling, but of course my wording may be
> different.
>
> I've looked several places (various logs including ~/.xsession-errors)
> and as far as I can tell NOTHING gets logged when I choose the menu
> item, so there's no error to guide me. I cannot even find a place
> where that menu item can be configured.

To be sure it is not a misconfiguration in your user config, can you test with
a new user?

> [Please forgive this posting a "user" question on a "developer" list,
> but I was hoping for some guidance on where to look for the cause of
> this issue.]

No problem, this is the user list, the developer one is debian-qt-kde.