Re: Program association weirdness (Was: Re: Please confirm: io-slave issue with kate editor)

On Monday 24 January 2005 01:07, Anders Ellenshøj Andersen wrote:
> What I did was that I changed the command line of the kwrite menu item
> from 'kwrite %U' to just 'kwrite'. That change appeared to be saved as
> expected. I could change it back again as well.

Note that my report _only_ pertains to menu items in the 'Debian' submenu
(and maybe even only non-kde items in that).
My tests have always been with Fortune (in Debian->Apps->Text).

Try adding '-a' after '/usr/games/fortune' in its Command: line (or, more
visible, add '-n 80 -s', which should result in only fortunes shorter
than 80 characters to be displayed).