Re: Program association weirdness (Was: Re: Please confirm: io-slave issue with kate editor)

Don't you think we should keep this conversation on the list?

And no. I don't think it is as you describe. There is no 'other' option in the
menu. And I don't understand what you mean by opening the control center. I
have tried changing the file associations from the control center instead of
from the right click menu, but that makes no difference.

As long as I select the application from the file tree, it won't work. It only
works if I type it in manually. Then the association is saved, and kate
functions as expected.

Anders