Re: Dependency problems with Sound.

Am Mittwoch, 19. Januar 2005 16:24 schrieb Cousin Stanley:

>>    However, I still can't play midi files,
>>    but haven't done much research as yet
>>    to try and solve the problem ....

| If you use the alsa drivers, install the timidity package
| and configure it to start the alsa sequencer slaves.

Hendrick ....

  Thanks for the suggestion ....

  I do have timidity installed, but I'm using OSS
  instead of alsa ....

  Currently using kernel 2.4.27, but some experiments
  here a few weeks back with kernel 2.6.8 were successful
  with alsa except for midi ....

  However, I probably didn't have alsa configured properly ....

  Unfortunately, I had net-connection problems with kernel 2.6
  so resorted to kernel 2.4.27 ....

--
Cousin Stanley
Human Being