Re: xhost+ and Konsole

Pablo Pita Leira wrote:

> This could be related to setting the DISPLAY variable.
> What happens if after you do xhost+ and create a new tab for root, you set
> the DISPLAY variable :
>
> # export DISPLAY=:0
>
> and launch the X applications ?

Thank you both,
Changing the configuration for the root session in Konsole from su - to su
solved my problem.

I've never quite really understood how the DISPLAY works. If I launch an X
application on the computer Z with an IP of A and I want the application to
be displayed on computer Y with an IP of B, how should I write the DISPLAY
variable ? Normally with ssh -X it works automagically, but sometimes not.

Charles
--
http://www.kde-france.org