Re: kdm can't start X

* Theo Schmidt [Fri, 14 Jan 2005 09:50:48 +0100]:

> BUT: kdm still doesn't work! I've tried removing it and reinstalling it, but
> the behaviour is exactly the same as before: after loging in with the kdm
> window, the signal to the monitor disappears (black screen) for a few seconds
> and then the kdm window appears again.

  (sorry, perhaps someone already told you this, haven't checked the
  thread.)

  uhm, do you see any significant differences in /var/log/XFree86.0.log
  after using startx and after logging through kdm? anything relevant in
  /var/log/kdm.log?

  hth,

--
Adeodato Simó
    EM: asp16 [ykwim] alu.ua.es | PK: DA6AE621

Hanlon's Razor: Never attribute to malice that which is adequately
explained by stupidity.