Re: kdm can't start X

Am Montag, 10. Januar 2005 19.16 schrieb Dennie Bastiaan:
> On Monday 10 January 2005 19:11, Theo Schmidt wrote:
> > Where is the crucial config file
>
> /etc/kde3/kdm/Xservers

Thank you. However, all this file shows is:

:0 local@tty1 /usr/X11R6/bin/X -dpi 75 -nolisten tcp vt7

My other PC, where kdm *does* work (a Debian Testing rather than Debian Sarge
Prerelease), shows:

:0 local@tty1 /etc/X11/X -dpi 75 -nolisten tcp vt7

I tried substituting this on the not-working one, but kdm still isn't able to
start anything. I spent another 20 minutes looking for any relevant config
files, but the whole thig is a mystery to me. Any more ideas to try?

Theo Schmidt