massive problems with sound on Sarge since KDE 3.3.1

Hi folks,

I hope you can understand my english, if not I can describe my
problem on german, or you can read it on german in (underneath)

Since the change from KDE 3.2.2 to 3.3.1 I have massive problems with
sound. I've took a look at google but only found a similar problem in
sid, but not in sarge:

At first I had problems with my profile; Icons on desktop moved
themselve to another place and icon realplayer was doubled. It was
solved with removing all user-settings (~/.kde and so on).

But there is a *angry* problem without any solution:
If I play a system-sound and I hear it really from my loudspeakers,
and I play another sound within 15s, I hear this sound immidiately.
If I wait 20s instead of 15s, I have a delay of 7s between starting
to play an hearing the sound:-((

This makes sound-notification for example in kopete unusable.

Also I realised that I hear nothing when playin
/usr/share/sounds/KDE_Beep.ogg
but for example /usr/share/sounds/KDE_Event_1.ogg I can hear!?
Whats that? The file is not corrupted, with the one from another PC
with KDE 3.2.2 copied to my one I get the same problem.

Again: with KDE 3.2.2 I have had *no problems* all the time on the
same computer, problems occured with upgrading sarge to 3.3.1, never
mind on creating a new user-profile or not. Sound-server settings on
both were default, but changing them takes no effect, likewise
changing from oss to alsa takes no effect.

AMD K6-III 400, 640MB RAM, Chaintech 5AGM-2 motherboard, Soundblaster
16 ISA without pnp (but properly installed).

Any hints?

ciao, Dirk