Re: Konqueror freezing

On Friday 07 January 2005 14:55, Frederik Dannemare wrote:
> On Friday 07 January 2005 12:19, Theo Schmidt wrote:
> > I am using KDE 3.2.3 on Debian Testing (not quite up to date) with
> > Kernel 2.4.20-xfs i686. The PC is an IBM with Pentium II 400 MHz.
> > I'm really pleased with it, but: every now and again Konqueror
> > freezes its activity for up to 10 seconds.
>
> [ snip ]
>
> I have witnessed this kind of behavior with konqi as well a couple of
> times during the 3.x series. I haven't bothered looking more into the
> issue as there is usually several weeks between the problem shows.
>
> I have seen it happen filling in forms, as you mention, but also
> right after doing a Ctrl-T to open a new tab.
>
> I have no idea what might be causing this, and not sure if what you
> and I experience is actually related.
>
> > This especially happens when
> > filling in web forms. Top shows nothing special except sometimes
> > several instances of kdeinit hogging the CPU.
>
> Looking at kcpuload when konqi 'stalls', I didn't notice any
> particular CPU activity here.
>
> > I find lots of questions to relating to konqueror freezing in
> > Google, but no answers which seem to apply to my problem.
>
> [ snip ]
>
> I've gotten me curious. I think I'll go googling a little bit and see
> if I might stumble on anything.

Haven't been able to locate anything useful. Also not on bugs.kde.org.
If it was happening more often (regularly), I'd think it might be
related to name resolution in some manner. But since I see it so
seldomly, I don't think this is the case (at least not for me).
--
Frederik Dannemare | mailto:frederik@dannemare.net
http://qa.debian.org/developer.php?login=Frederik+Dannemare