Re: gui for broadband

On Monday 03 January 2005 14:53, jianan wrote:
> Hi,
> I was able to access the webpage but it's address was not accepted as a
> valid source list by 'apt-get install'. It could not resolve
> 'www.mpe.mpq.de'.  Is there other site to try? I've scanned through the
> relevant Debian site but knemo is not there.

Hi.

Just to be sure you have done everything right. Add "deb
http://www.mpe.mpg.de/~ach/debian/sarge ./" (without the "" of course) into
your /etc/apt/sources.list then do an "apt-get update" and then "apt-get
install knemo" and then you have to restart KDE. If this doesn't work for you
you could just go onto the site with your favourite webbrowser, get the knemo
file and install it with dpkg. Or maybe the source was temporary down who
knows. Can you access http://www.mpe.mpg.de/ with your webbrowser?
I hope I was able to help.

Cheers,
Achim Woessner