Re: errors in kdm.log

"Ulrich Fürst" <kde-liste@vr-web.de> wrote:
> jianan <jianan1@singnet.com.sg> wrote:
> > Hi
> > My kdm.log is showing the following errors. Can anyone explain why?
> >
> > kdecore (KIconLoader): WARNING: Icon directory
> > /usr/share/icons/Default/ group 192x192/emblems not valid.
> ---snip---

Sorry, for my wrong posting, I didn't realize reading an english text...

Translation:
You could have searched for
"kdecore (KIconLoader): WARNING: Icon directory /usr/share/icons group
emblems not valid"
on
http://groups.google.com

I don't set the link here, because it's a german thread, too.
But here's the summary:
Simply go to every directory in /usr/share/icons/ and then do a
cp index.theme index.desktop
But skip the "./Default" directory. Some people lost their icons by
that. But you get them back with rm
/usr/share/icons/Default/index.desktop

So, I hope that's better now :-/

Ulrich