Re: kaffeine crashes when playing video file

Taking this over to the kaffeine-user mailinglist.

Tirsdag den 14. december 2004 10:18 skrev Christian Biermann:
> I think Kaffeine is version 1.0 (it is taken from the kmultimedia deb,

The latest release of kaffeine is 0.5 rc2 so it's probably not version 1.0.
And to repeat myself, kaffeine is not part of any kde packages. It is a stand
alone application for KDE.

> unfortuantely, I am not sitting at the computer where I have kaffeine
> installed). Graphic card: Nvidia Geforce MMX2. Driver: I am using the
> normal debian kernel 2.4.18 and not the one for Nvidia. Is that what you
> mean with driver?
>
> Do these answers help?

Not really, but it's a start anyway.

I'd suggest trying the CVS version of kaffeine, since it is rather better than
any of the release versions in my personal oppinion.

However, woody /is/ quite old. You might get more satisfying results by
upgrading to sarge. It has a recent version of KDE build in, and newer
kernels with better drivers.

Anders