Re: KMail complains about missing gpgsm

* Soenke von Stamm [Tue, 16 Nov 2004 16:20:32 +0100]:

> It's outdated though.

  yes, that's the inconvenience of a mailing list post instead of a
  webpage or wiki page.

> I tried with 'apt-get source gpgme1.0' and the rest
> (some other sorrounding packages, build-dep etc.), it compiled and installed
> but kleopatra wouldn't start, plus S/MIME in kmail wasn't enabled.

  that should work, I'll test later and post my findings.

> It was just an experiment anyways, as I don't want to recompile packages
> everytime kleopatra or kmail or whatever changes.

  no, recompiling gpgme is *not* required for each kmail change. only
  for each gpgme change, obviously (but it's not grave if you don't).

--
Adeodato Simó
    EM: asp16 [ykwim] alu.ua.es | PK: DA6AE621

When the only tool you have is a hammer, every problem starts to look
like a nail.