Re: KMail complains about missing gpgsm

Am Dienstag, 16. November 2004 15:58 schrieb Frank Mehnert:
> From /usr/share/doc/kleopatra/README.Debian:
>
> === +++ === +++ ===
>
> The following instructions for installing kleopatra were gotten from
> a message to the debian-qt-kde mailing list by Adeodato Simo.
>
> --
>
> these are, briefly, the steps I have followed to get some S/MIME
> support in KMail 3.3.
>
>   Wipe out all not needed packages:
>   # aptitude purge newpg gpgsm cryptplug cryptplug-dev libgpgme6
> libgpgme-dev libksba0

[Snip]
That's what 'apt-cache show kleopatra' also hints to:
http://lists.debian.org/debian-kde/2004/09/msg00102.html

It's outdated though. I tried with 'apt-get source gpgme1.0' and the rest
(some other sorrounding packages, build-dep etc.), it compiled and installed
but kleopatra wouldn't start, plus S/MIME in kmail wasn't enabled.

So I reverted everything to the previous state.

It was just an experiment anyways, as I don't want to recompile packages
everytime kleopatra or kmail or whatever changes.

 Sönke