Re: Installing KDE 3.x on Debian

From: Greg Madden <gomadtroll@gci.net>

The KDE that comes with Woody is ver.2.2.x. To get KDE 3.x you need
backports to Woody, and if you are having troubles now this may not be
the route to go.  At this time, imho, it would be better to use
Sarge/Testing, rock solid afaikt.

Yes, I'm aware of KDE's version being 2.2.2, that is why I'm so desperately trying to get a newer one :). What has given me hard time here to understand is that I've been able to install KDE 3.1.4 and 3.2.3, just by adding a KDE repository (ftp.kde.org f.ex.) on sources.list. I didn't use backports of any kind back then. But this time and for unknown reason the same strategy won't work.

I'll propably switch to Sarge quite soon, but for now I find it interesting trying to resolve this problem. At least it makes me RTFMs finally :).

Ville

Flirttaile, rupattele, juorua tai vaihda kuulumisia näytössä tapahtuvissa keskusteluissa. Lataa ilmainen MSN Messenger. http://messenger.msn.fi