Re: Can we lose the 'KDE is cool' blurb, please

On Monday 08 November 2004 17:42, Adeodato Simó wrote:
> * Derek Broughton [Mon, 08 Nov 2004 16:53:50 -0400]:
> > Except it's not a matter of writing a description - most of them have an
> > adequate description.
>
>   let me disagree. see kde attached kde-descriptions.txt, which
>   contaits the descriptions of most kde packages, with the blurb
>   paragraph and the "This package is part of ..." sentence stripped.
>   so, take a look at the file and comment back. some have acceptable
>   descriptions, but must have, in fact, good *short* descriptions *as*
>   long descriptions.

OK, I'll grant that they could use better descriptions (and as Tomas has
shown, the descriptions are available on the products home page - way to go
Tomas!), but adding the KDE boiler plate didn't accomplish anything more than
making it _look_ like a long description.  I didn't say they had "good"
descriptions, only "adequate" :-)

btw, I didn't object to the "this package is part of", either, though it is
strictly redundant.  You can get that info from apt-cache.   At least it's
not the same in every package.
--
derek